The TCR Medical Team will be on standby to provide any required medical treatment to illnesses or injuries during the Summer 2015 Band Camp. Historically, the vast majority of illnesses are related to poor hydration promoted by inadequate preparation prior to Band Camp. TCR Medical Team is requesting that you have your child properly prepare for each day of Band Camp by doing the following:
- Drink large quantities of water before and after each day of Band Camp. It is recommended that your child bring a large water jug, at least half-gallon in size, filled with water/ice so he/she can continue to hydrate throughout each day during Band Camp.
- Get 6-8 hours of sleep each night before Band Camp. Encourage your child to resist the temptations of texting, social media or playing on any electronic device right before bedtime.
- Ensure your child eats a well-balanced breakfast each morning of Band Camp. Also, avoid greasy foods, dairy products, foods high in sugars, and ALL caffeinated drinks.
- Prior to departure for Band Camp, have your child apply an adequate amount of sun block to cover ALL areas of the body, especially the face, neck, entire arms, and legs.
- Ensure your child has a hat and sunglasses, which must be worn when on the field.
- Remind your child of the following while at Band Camp:
- During the 2-minute water break, drink water/Gatorade and apply more sun block before returning to the field.
- Avoid socializing and hydrate during the 2-minute water break.
- Eat a well-balanced lunch
- Continue to stay away foods high in sugars and ALL caffeinated drinks.
Upon returning to home at the end of each day, continue hydration, provide a well-balanced dinner, promote a good night’s rest, and prepare for the next Band Camp day.